Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Stew
Slow cooker Tuscan chicken stew is delicious Italian meal.Adapted from http://sweetpeasandsaffron.com This recipe is very similar to another Tuscan stew ,but not using cannellini beans.
6-8 boneless chicken thighs,cubed
2 carrots,peeled and sliced
2 stalks celery,sliced
1 medium yellow onion,peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
2 medium ripe tomatoes,diced
12 new potatoes,halved
1¾ cup (430 ml) chicken stock
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 teaspoon fennel seeds,crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (60 ml) water
2½ tbsp cornstarch
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
fresh rosemary and chopped fresh parsley
- In a slow cooker,combine cubed chicken,carrots,celery,onion,garlic,tomatoes,potatoes,chicken stock,tomato paste,dry white wine,fennel seeds and salt.Toss well.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-6 hours.
- In a mixing bowl,combine cornstarch and water.Mix until cornstarch dissolved completely.
- Add cornstarch mixture,vinegar and rosemary to slow cooker.Stir well.
- Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve.