Slow Cooker Wine-Braised Beef Shanks
Slow cooker wine-braised beef shanks.Very delicious and easy beef recipe cooked in slow cooker.
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (250 g) sliced mushrooms
- 4 beef shank cross cuts
- 2 leeks,quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise
- 2 cups (500g) sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- For Gremolata:1/4 cup (60 g) fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and finely chopped
- In a slow cooker,combine dry red wine,tomato paste,basil,marjoram,garlic and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add sliced mushrooms,top with beef shank,leeks and carrots.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours or until beef is for tender.
- Remove cooked beef with vegetables from slow cooker and transfer to serving dish.
- For sauce,pour cooking liquid into small saucepan.Skim off fat.
- In a small mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour and cold water.Mix until smooth.
- Stir in a little of cooking liquid.
- Stir flour mixture into cooking liquid in saucepan.
- Cook,stirring over medium heat about 3 minutes or until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Spoon over beef and vegetables.
- For Gremolata:Finely chop parsley and lemon zest.Mix well with chopped garlic.
- Sprinkle over meat and vegetables.