Slow Cooker Spicy Spareribs
Slow cooker spicy spareribs.Partly hearty with these delicious spareribs,which are perfect us an appetizer.Keep the ribs warm in the honey-sweetened hot sauce.
Makes 10-12 appetizers
- 4 pounds (1.9 kg) pork baby back ribs,cut into one rib portions
- 2 cups (500 ml) bottled picante sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) clear honey
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange pork ribs in a single layer on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 6 inches (15 cm) from the heat for about 10 minutes or until brown,turning once.
- Transfer broiled pork ribs to slow cooker.
- In a medium mixing bowl,combine remaining ingredients.Mix well and pour honey mixture over ribs in slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours.
- Skim fat from honey sauce.
- Serve sauce over cooked ribs.