Slow Cooker Mushroom-Stuffed Beef Steak
Slow cooker mushroom-stuffed beef steak.Beef flank steak with mushrooms,dry red wine,bacon and vegetables cooked in slow cooker.Easy and delicious beef recipe.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 slices bacon
- 8 oz (240 g) Cremini mushrooms,sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 g) chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 beef flank steak
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dry red wine
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked rice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet,cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.Drain and crumble.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.Add sliced mushrooms,onion and thyme to skillet and saute until tender (5-8 minutes).
- Stir in crumbled bacon,season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Using a meat mallet,pound beef steak to make even in thickness.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over meat and roll up.
- Secure with toothpicks and place in slow cooker.
- Pour over dry red wine.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
- Remove cooked beef flank steak from slow cooker.
- Slice and serve over cooked rice.