Slow cooker prune-stuffed pork fillets. Very delicious and easy recipe.
Makes 4 servings
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot,very finely chopped
- 1 stick celery,very finely chopped
- finely grated rind of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 cup (125 g) stoned prunes,chopped
- 1/2 cup (30 g) white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- grated nutmeg
- 8 oz (240 g) pork fillets,trimmed
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a frying pan,melt butter.Add chopped shallot and celery and fry,stirring,until soft.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to a bowl and stir in orange rind,prunes,breadcrumbs,parsley and nutmeg.
- Season with salt and black pepper,set aside and allow to cool.
- Slice down the length of each pork fillet,cutting 3/4 of the way through.
- Open out each pork fillet and lay it out on a board.
- Cover sliced pork with plastic wrap,then gently bash with rolling pin until meat is about 1/4 -inch (5 mm) thick.
- Arrange 3 slices of prosciutto on a board and top with one pork fillet.Repeat with remaining prosciutto and pork fillet.
- Divide prune stuffing between pork fillets,then fold over to enclose the filling.
- Wrap prosciutto around prune-stuffed pork fillet and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- In a frying pan,heat olive oil.Add stuffed pork fillets and quickly brown all over.
- Transfer browned prune-stuffed pork fillets to slow cooker.
- Pour dry white wine into frying pan and bring to a boil.Pour boiled wine over pork fillets in slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 1 hour.Switch slow cooker to low and cook for a further 2-3 hours or until pork fillets are tender.
- Remove cooked pork from slow cooker and transfer onto cutting board.
- Remove toothpicks from cooked meat.Cut pork into slices.
- Arrange on serving platter.Spoon over cooking liquid and serve.More slow cooker recipes>>>>>