Slow cooker Jamaican jerk chicken. Chicken thighs and legs in hot Jamaican marinade cooked in slow cooker.Very easy recipe!
Makes 4 servings
Makes 4 servings
- 8 chicken pieces (chicken thighs and legs)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- For Jamaican Jerk Sauce:
- 1 bunch of green onions,trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and crushed
- 1 hot red chili pepper,halved,seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1.2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pat dry chicken pieces with paper towel.
- In a frying pan,heat sunflower oil and butter until melted.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until browned on all sides.
- Using a slotted spoon,remove cooked chicken from the pan and transfer to slow cooker.
- Add chopped green onions,garlic and chili in frying pan and cook,stirring,for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in allspice,cinnamon,thyme,ground nutmeg and sugar.Sprinkle with all-purpose flour and stir well.
- Gradually add chicken stock,stirring until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Remove frying pan from the heat.
- Stir in vinegar,lime juice,tomato paste.Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Pour Jamaican sauce over chicken pieces in slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours or on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken from the hot sauce and transfer onto serving platter,reserving hot sauce.
- taste sauce and adjust seasoning.Serve separately.