Chicken drumsticks with raspberry-chipotle sauce.Chicken drumsticks with delicious homemade raspberry-chipotle sauce cooked in the oven. Very delicious chicken recipe.
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup (60 g) sweet onion,chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 1/2 oz (500 g) fresh raspberries
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobe sauce, chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobe sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- fresh basil,to garnish
- toasted sesame seeds,to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F (210 C).
- Pat dry chicken drumsticks with paper towel.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spray baking rack with nonstick cooking spray and cover with aluminum foil.
- Arrange seasoned chicken drumsticks on foil covered baking sheet.
- Roast chicken in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile,prepare raspberry-chipotle sauce.
- Spray saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.Add onions and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Stir in raspberries,chilies,adobo sauce,lime juice and honey.Mix well and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- When chicken drumsticks are almost done,remove from the oven and baste one side with raspberry-chipotle sauce.
- Return chicken to the oven and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken drumsticks with raspberry-chipotle sauce from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil and sesame seeds and serve