White wine ratatouille. Very easy and delicious ratatouille with white wine.
- 1 cup (250 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and crushed
- 1 pound (480 g) eggplant,thinly sliced
- 2 pounds (960 g) tomatoes,thinly sliced
- 1 pound (480 g) zucchini,thinly sliced
- 4 green or red bell peppers,seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 2/3 cups (330 ml) dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add crushed garlic and cook,stirring,until lightly browned.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook,stirring,until lightly browned.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to deep,heavy saucepan,reserving olive oil.
- Pour olive oil over vegetables and season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour over dry white wine and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.Do not stir.
- Serve white wine ratatouille with white or red wine.