Oven baked glazed apple-cinnamon bread. Very easy,healthy and delicious bread baked in oven. This recipe adapted from http://lovelylittlekitchen.com/ More bread recipes>>>
- 1 cup (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 9250 g) old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (250 g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs,beaten
- 1/2 cup 9125 g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (250 g) apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Glaze:1 cup (250 g) powdered (caster) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 g) apple sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Grease nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,oak,salt,cinnamon and baking powder.Mix well,using your hands and set aside.
- In another bowl,combine sugar,vegetable oil,beaten eggs,yogurt,apple sauce and vanilla.Mix well and,using your hands,stir into dry mixture.
- Transfer batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove baked bread from the oven.Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl,combine powdered sugar and apple sauce.Whisk well.
- Then bread is cool,pour glaze over top and serve.