Pasta with sausage and mushrooms. Very delicious Italian recipe.
- 1 pound (480 g) sweet Italian chicken sausages
- olive oil
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pound (480 g) Cremini mushrooms,quartered
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dry white wine
- 16 oz (480 g) package of penne rigate
- 3/4 cup (180g) heavy (double) cream
- 3/4 cup (180 g) grated Parmesan cheese plus extra (to sprinkle on top)
- fresh Italian parsley,chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- Cook penne rigate,according a packing instruction.Drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet,heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken sausages.Crumble and brown.
- Scoot browned sausages to the side,add chopped onion and garlic.
- Cook,stirring,until onion soften(for about 5-7 minutes).
- Add Cremini mushrooms and cook,stirring until browned.Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in dry white wine and continue cooking until wine bubbled and reduced.
- Stir in heavy cream and cooked penne.Toss well to combine.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Remove cooked pasta with sausage and mushrooms from the heat.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley and serve.
- More pasta recipes>>>>