Creamy tomato basil soup. Very delicious tomato soup recipe. Easy to make!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red onions,peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 28 oz (840 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 g) heavy (double) cream
- 1 bunch fresh basil,chopped
- grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat olive oil in a large pot.
- Add chopped onions and season with kosher salt.Cook,stirring occasionally,until golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and cook,stirring,for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and chicken stock.Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil,then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove soup from the heat,set aside and allow to cool.
- Pour cooled soup into a blender.Blend until smooth.
- Return mixture to the pot.Stir in heavy (double cream) and chopped basil.
- Simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat,ladle into bowls and top with grated Parmesan cheese.