Grilled lamb kebab.Marinated lamb cooked on the grill. Delicious!
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) lamb leg or shoulder (fat trimmed), cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and crushed
- zest and freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- In a large mixing bowl,combine lamb chunks, olive oil,dry red wine,oregano lemon zest and juice,crushed garlic and black pepper.Mix together so that all the lamb is completely coated.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove marinated lamb chunks from refrigerator and drain marinade.
- Tread meat onto metal skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season meat with salt and cook,turning occasionally,for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve grilled lamb kebab hot with fresh vegetable salad.