Grilled chicken souvlaki with tzatziki sauce. Delicious marinated chicken with excellent tzatziki sauce. Found here.
- 1 pound (480 g) skinless and boneless chicken breasts,cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper,to taste
For Tzatziki Sauce:
- 6 oz (180 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber,peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint,finely chopped
- In a small mixing bowl,combine all marinade ingredients.Stir well.
- Pour marinade into sealable container,add cubed chicken and toss to coat.
- Seal tightly container and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile,make tzatziki sauce.In a small mixing bowl,combine all sauce ingredients.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Remove marinated chicken chunks from refrigerator and drain marinade.
- Tread marinated chicken chunks onto soaked bamboo skewers.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken souvlaki,turning,until nicely browned (for about 8 minutes per side).
- Serve grilled chicken souvlaki with tzatziki sauce.