Fried coconut shrimp is excellent appetizer.Very easy to make.Surprise your guests!
- 1 1/4 cups (310 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) pineapple juice
- 1 package (14 oz (420 g)) flaked coconut
- 1 pound (480 g) large raw shrimp,peeled and deveined
- cooking oil for deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,seafood seasoning,beaten egg and pineapple juice.Mix well until smooth.
- Place flaked coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Dip shrimp into egg mixture,then coat with coconut.
- Heat cooking oil in deep fryer to 375 F(190C).
- Working in a batches,fry shrimp for1-2 minutes or until golden brown,turning occasionally.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve fried coconut shrimp with mango salsa and your favorite dipping sauce.