Swedish meatballs in gravy. This is very popular Paleo recipe.Very easy to cook.
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound (480 g) lean ground beef
- 1 pound (480 g) lean ground pork
- 1 small yellow onion,peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons dried mustard
- 1/2 cup(125 g) freshly ground raw hazelnuts
- 2 large eggs,beaten
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
For the Gravy:
- 3 cups bone broth
- 3/4 cup (180 g) raw cashew pieces, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup(60 g) ghee
- 2 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a large mixing bowl,combine all meatball ingredients.
- Using a hands,knead well to combine.
- Using ice cream scoop,form into approximately 48 meatballs.
- Preheat a large heavy skillet.Add lard and , working in a batches, sear meatballs until golden all around (reserve cooked meatballs in a shallow bowl).
- Meanwhile,in a blender,combine all gravy ingredients.Blend until creamy.
- Once all the meatballs are cooked, transfer them back toheavy skillet along with their cooking liquid and pour the gravy all over them.
- Switch heat to high and bring to a boil,then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately together with gravy.