Slow cooker beef and onions.Very delicious beef recipe.Beef brisket with vegetables and Worcestershire sauce cooked in slow cooker.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large yellow onion,peeled,halved and sliced
- 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg) beef brisket
- 6 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 cups (500 ml) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions and cook,stirring,until the onions have caramelized lightly.
- Pat dry beef brisket with paper towel.
- Season meat with salt and black pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet sear the brisket until both sides of meat are golden brown.
- Remove seared beef from the skillet and place in slow cooker,fatty side up.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic over beef.
- Place cooked onions over the top and around the beef.
- In a mixing bowl,combine Worcestershire sauce,beef broth and soy sauce.Mix well and pour mixture over the meat.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until beef brisket is very tender.
- Leave cooked meat in slow cooker for 20 minutes before serving.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and,using two forks,shred it.
- Serve shredded beef with onions and cooking liquid.