Slow cooker barbacoa beef. This is one of my favorite beef recipes.Beef with vegetables and spices cooked in slow cooker.Very easy!.
- 3 pounds chuck roast,fat trimmed and cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 small white onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) beef broth
- In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients.
- Toss well to combine.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Using two forks,shred cooked beef inside of slow cooker.
- Toss shredded beef with cooking liquid set aside for 10 minutes.
- Using a tongs,remove shredded beef from slow cooker.
- Serve slow cooker barbacoa beef immediately.