- 3/4 cup plume sauce
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioka
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seeds,crushed
- 2 1/2 lb (1.400kg) boneless and skinless chicken tights
- 2 1/4 cups fresh water
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 10 oz(300g) quick-cooking couscous
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- orange slices,halved
- orange peel strips
Slow Cooker Chicken with Orange Couscous
1.To make a sauce,in a small bowl ,combine plum sauce,orange juice,1/4 cup of orange marmalade,tapioka and anise seeds.
2.Mix well and set aside.
3.Lightly grease inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
4.Arrange chicken in slow cooker and pour sauce mixture over it.
5.Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours.
6.Remove slow cooker chicken,keep warm.
7.Skim fat from sauce.
8.Using medium-size saucepan,combine the water and 1 tablespoon orange marmalade.
9.Mix well and bring to a boil.
10.Stir in couscous and salt.
11.Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
12.Fluff couscous with a fork before serving.
13.Serve slow cooker chicken and sauce with couscous.