Oven Roasted Italian Vegetables11:18:00 AM
- 1 eggplant,sliced widthways,and cut each slices in half
- 1 yellow pepper,halved,deseeded,cut flesh into strips
- 1 onion,peeled,cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 oz(210g) baby courgettes(zucchini),halved lengthways
- 14 oz(420 ml) can chickpeas in water,drained and rinsed
- 9 oz(270 g) passata
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves,chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Oven Roasted Italian Vegetables
1.Place the low grilling rack in turbo oven.
2.Set halogen oven temperature to 392F(200C).
3.In mixing bowl,combine eggplants,onion and half of olive oil.
5.Using a separate bowl,combine together courgettes,yellow pepper strips and remaining olive oil.
7.Arrange the onion mixture on one round baking tray and place on low grilling rack of turbo oven.
8.Add the high grilling rack.
9.Place the yellow pepper mixture on another baking tray and place on the high grilling rack of turbo oven.
10.Cover turbo oven and cook for 10-12 minutes,stirring the top shelf of vegetables after 5 minutes.
11.Swap the trays over and cook for additional 10-12 minutes,until vegetables are tender.
12.Stir the top tray of onion mixture after 5 minutes.
13.Transfer oven roasted Italian vegetables to a shallow cast iron gratin dish.
14.Combine together chickpeas,passata and thyme and mix together.
15.Return oven roasted Italian vegetables to turbo oven for 5-7 minutes,until the sauce is hot.
16.Check and adjust the seasoning.
17.Serve oven roasted Italian vegetables immediately.